For the past years, we've worked tirelessly to receive a Class IIa medical device certification, as this is a recognition of our commitment to safety and quality. However, to maintain this certification, the Ada app must meet specific requirements set forth by the EU. Let’s learn how these may affect you and how you can keep taking care of yourself after this.
On 16.03.2023, we'll remove the Ada app from the Apple Store and Google Play Store in the EU and European Economic Area (EEA) countries whose official languages we do not currently support. Shortly after that, we won't be able to provide assistance for the Ada app in those countries, except for the export and deletion of your personal data, as further explained below.
Why is it changing?
These changes are mandated by the European Medical Device Regulation (EU-MDR), so we're required to do this.
Who will be affected?
If you live in one of the following countries, you'll be affected by this change: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Türkiye.
What are the next steps?
- When we remove the Ada app from the Apple Store and Google Play Store, it will remain on your device if you already have it installed.
- The Ada app will continue to function until our next major update.
- If you delete your Ada app or change devices, you'll not be able to reinstall it.
What happens to my data?
Would you like to learn more about this?
3 things to keep in mind:
- You are not required to delete your Ada account. If the Ada app becomes available in your country, or if you move to another country where it's available, your account will remain accessible - except as otherwise required by any data protection laws and applicable data deletion requirements.
- We're continually working on adding additional languages to the Ada app and are hoping to restore functionality in the affected countries soon.
- After we remove the Ada app from the Apple Store and Google Play Store, we'll continue to offer support and provide assistance in exporting or deleting your personal data.
How to keep taking care of yourself
- Read the articles from the website created by our in-house doctors.
- Follow our health tips on Instagram and Facebook.
- Access our Medical Library to learn more about certain conditions.
Thank you for being a valued part of the Ada community, and keep taking care of yourself. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] for any data protection queries.