How do I set up an account?
Ada uses an account to securely store your health data and ensure that you - and only you - can access your data. Once you are logged in, you can manage multiple profiles, for yourself and family members or friends you help care for. In order to comply with data protection laws (GPDR) in Europe, the minimum age required to create an Ada account is 16. Users over 16 can create a secondary profile for individuals under 16, so long as they are the legal parent or guardian for that person.
To set up an Ada account:
- Open the Ada app.
- Select Create your account.
- Agree to our Terms & Conditions and consent to our data policy.
- Either type in an email address and choose a password or sign in using Facebook or Apple ID.
To complete your Ada account set up by email:
- Following the last step, type in an email address and choose a password
- Check your inbox and find the email with the subject line: Verify your email to start using Ada. If you can't find the email, check your spam folder or the "all mail" tab. It may take a few hours for the verification email to be sent.
In the email, select Check your email or click the link.
Other Sign-up Methods
If you choose to create an Ada account with Facebook or Apple ID, Ada will have limited ability to support you with managing your Ada account, resetting your password or managing your data. Logging in with a Facebook account will use the same email and password as your Facebook account.
The account sign-in method (email, Facebook, Apple ID) cannot be changed after an account is created. To choose a different sign-in method or to change the email address on an account, create a new account.
Your account information includes the log-in method and User ID. The account information can be useful when contacting Ada for support with your account.
To find the User ID:
- From the homescreen, select ⚙️ (Settings).
- Select Account login. Ada displays the sign up method and User ID.
- To copy the User ID, select the two overlaid squares.
Have more questions? Submit a request